Thursday, May 21, 2009

More superglue

Superglue on the inside of the tire seems to be working. It is a bit of a hassle but filling the gash from the inside makes more sense. The glue forms a little patch and when it is situated on the outside it tends to get rubbed off. Also the outside is under stress when the tire is inflated and that makes it more likely that the glue patch will give in other ways as well.

I rode 20 miles on Wednesday, most of it on the trail and the tire held up. Then I ran 7.5 miles on the treadmill -6 of which at a good clip and with some elevation. Overall a very good workout.

On Tuesday I swam two miles and some extra laps (180 in total). Today I rode 33 miles on my tri-bike. I rode to the top of Redwood and noticed several cars driving at excessive speeds on both Redwood and Pinehurst Roads. The area is already pretty dangerous due to motorcycle morons and now it appears the car-racing crowd has discovered it too. I am afraid this will not end well.

No comments: