Sunday, November 16, 2008

8.5 mi run

Ran my double loop, Grandview, Grizzly, Skyline, Elverton today. Nice easy pace with some effort on the hilly parts. Weather was splendid. 72 degrees, sunny, a little breezy, absolutely clear view of the Bay and the City. Just super.

My shoulder hurt last night. Not sure why as I had not done anything in particular. It also hurt "in front," i.e. not over the AC joint but in the anterior part of the joint, right where the short head of the biceps attaches. I iced it, took some Ibuprofen, and supported my arm to sleep and it seems a bit better today.

I am keeping a close eye on the Tempe forecast. It looks pretty reasonable although I am a bit worried about the cooling trend for the weekend. These things can always speed up or slow down a bit. Slowing down would be better as the week forecast is solid 80s.

The current Sunday prediction (still a long range, less dependable forecast) is for cloudy AM with sun PM and a high around 77. Warmer would be better. What is really good is the early morning low to mid 50s. The average for November in Tempe is more like low to mid-40s and that is pretty chilly (esp. when you have to take a dip in the water at 7 AM.

No comments: