Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking a break

Yesterday I found out that I passed my power based training exam. I heard from the cycling manager that I had been power licensed for some time, but nobody had notified me and he could not tell me exactly what happened or why. In any case I am happy to say that I passed the test and if you have any questions regarding training with power, feel free to contact me.

I also want to let everyone know that I will be taking a break from this blog for a while. I am not sure how long yet, but 1 to 3 weeks seems in order. During that time I want to think more about the future of the blog and what direction I want to take in. I want to thank all my readers for sticking with me, and for all the comments I received -although most were not posted here, but arrived on facebook, or in emails, or in conversations with friends.

This blog has been undergoing a steady metamorphosis. It started out as a way for me to keep track of my workouts and write an occasional piece about my racing and training experience. Then I added more comments about training in general, but last year after the summer after a brief recess, I took a different tack and began writing about Belgium and bike racing in Belgium. That dramatically increased my readership but it also brought on a lot of extra work. Although I was able to promote the blog with some measure of success, the increased workload is catching up to me.

Look here for information on cyclist housing in Belgium.
Look here for information on traveling to Belgium to race.
Look here for information on what you need to race your bike in Belgium.
Look here for information on how to read the race calendar.


And that is why I have to say, later. Hang in there and check back in a few weeks.

No comments: